Monday, October 31, 2011

My Kitchen

It may not be my dream kitchen, but it works... most of the time.  The San Francisco apartment I live in was built in the early 1900's and it's possible the kitchen has not been remodeled since (I may be exaggerating a little).  BUT it has just enough space to seat 13 people for a Greek Easter feast and plenty of room for my spices, food processor, immersion blender, cutting board(s) and everything else I need to create my (mostly) fantastic meals.

Many a morning/evening is spent in this kitchen with my 7" santoku and saute pan...cooking for friends, chatting with my roommates, or simply cooking by/for myself.  There is a nice view out to the "backyard" and the lighting is great.  No matter what my kitchen may lack in modern appliances or style, I still feel happy after a long day of work and an hour long commute to walk into that kitchen and get cooking.

My goal with this blog is to keep track of my hits (and misses) in the kitchen, and share with anyone who might be interested the fun recipes I try at home.   Not sure the exact direction I will go with my posts...but for my first "series"  I am going to share 3 recipes using the same fabulous fall/winter treat, the butternut squash.  First recipe:  Butternut squash risotto with saffron and crispy pancetta. Stay tuned for my next post with this yummy dish :)






No comments:

Post a Comment